Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Jerry Rash" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: xwlan profile access
Datum: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:36:52 -0800
Za: Christian Langanke <cla@clanganke.de>, OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Christian,
I have a success story with xwlan 3.0 (We can always use those)
and a question about functionality.

I have managed to build a working WAP. I'm using my Sierra Cellular wireless card as the high speed broadband host (EVDO). Injoy as the dialer and NAT, OS/2's DHCP Server and Genmac with wxlan as an access point.
I have a xwlan profile I have setup as add-hoc with a static address to act as the route. It works great and have had 4 clients connected at one time.

My question is, I am attempting to create a script to automate it. I have 2 other profiles in xwlan that I use when I need to be a client without the aircard being present. I am able to get Injoy to launch the OS/2 dhcp service for me but I have to manually change the profile in xwlan to the  WAP profile. Is there a way to tell xwlan to change profiles from outside the application/plugin? Doing it all from inside wxlan could be an option as well. This would complete the package and "at will" my laptop could change from being a wireless client to a WAN public Access point without manual setup/ startup. If the support does not exist, Would you consider it for a future release? Watch OS/2 world for the SCOUG meeting announcement for January. I will be demonstrating it and how to set it up.

Roughly I start it in this order,

1. Change xwlan profile to the WAP profile.
Add-Hoc static address 192.168.1.1 Broadcast SSID, No security.

2. Turn on IPgate in TCPIP.

3. Start injoy dialer to autodial the aircard into verizon broadband cell service and turn on NAT as 192.168.1.0 .

4. Launch OS/2 DHCP Server service.
Setup with .100 to .105 as scope, pass GW as WAP's profile static IP 192.168.1.1, Pass provider DNS.

5. Start connecting clients.

Specs:
Sierra Wireless 580 Aircard using USB serial drivers developed by Steve Levine and Mark Abramowitz.
Intel 2915 ABG
Dell C400 laptop P3 1.2 512 meg ram.

Thank you for your work. The public access point the WAP acts as, I showed off at work was a big hit even for non-OS/2 users.

Now if I just had time to port Quake 3 to OS/2. Let the LAN parties begin!