Message #1945 des archives de la Liste os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Christian Langanke" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Sujet: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: xwlan profile access
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:50:36 +0100

Andy Willis wrote:
This might be a reason to implement my idea of using the systray api's.  Then the xwlan runs as an exec and could minimize to the system tray.  Then you bypass the xcenter communication issue.
Andy

Andy,

using a systray API would not help much anyway, as it does not provide any additional communication concept, so I don't see the point here. And as I already pointed out, the icon of a systray item would be far too small to provide visual feedback for a program using so many different status bitmaps.

I think the IPC between XWLPRF and XWLAN is the best option to implement external access, no matter if on uses the XCenter widget or the standalone executable version of XWLAN.

bye, Christian

Christian Langanke
COS2E & CWSE
Team OS/2 Ruhr e.V.