Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "madodel" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Card Suggestions - Bridge
Datum: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:56:20 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Kris Steenhaut wrote:
Miles ha scritto:

I like the bridge idea.  Is this type of device :

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=333

the kind of thing I need.

Why do you desperately want a bridge? I had (and still have) two DLINK DLW2100 working in the pre-genmac area. They rest now workless at the attic coz I have replaced them by three DLW 520 g+ wireless nic, one for each computer and each wireless connected to a router.

Just have a look at the list of compatible devices coming with Genmac 1.5.

You can acquiere  DLINK 520 G+ (mind the "+")  at around 20 @ 35 euro at Ebay. And again, do have a look at the list of compatible devices.

That would be my fault.  I have only heard of people using GenMac with mini-PCI network cards.  I didn't know that it also supported some PCI cards.   In the supported card list I only see one that clearly states it is PCI, the 3Com 3C90xC.  are there others?:

3Com 3C90xC   PCI (10B7,9200)

3Com/SKNet Gigabit (10B7,1700)

3Com/SKNet Gigabit (1148,4320)

3Com/SKNet Gigabit (11AB,4320)

ASUS Wlan RT2400 (1814,0101)

Atheros Wlan (168C,0012)

Atheros Wlan (168C,0013)

Atheros Wlan (168C,1014)

Broadcom Gigabit (14E4,165D)

Broadcom 10/100 (14E4,170C)

Broadcom B/G (14E4,4318)

Broadcom B/G (14E4,4320)

Broadcom 10/100 (14E4,4401)

Dlink DWL-G520+ (104C,9066)

Intel 2100 Wlan (8086,1043)

Intel 2200 Wlan (8086,4220)

Rtl 8169 GigaBit (10EC,8169)

Rtl 8180 Wlan (10EC,8180)

nForce 2 10/100 (10DE,0066)

nForce 3 10/100 (10DE,00D6)

nForce 4 10/100/1000 (10DE,0057)

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

 Warpstock 2006 - Windsor, Ontario, Canada, October 12-15th, http://www.warpstock.org

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938