From: "madodel" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Exactly which DLink 520 DWL PCI card !?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:41:02 -0400

On 04/12/06 Rick R. wrote:
I still can't get that xwlan to work on my Thinkpad T42p.
It just insists on choosing the first not(!) available IP interface.

Rick

You don't say whether you are using GenMac and the T42p's builtin mini-PCI wireless card, but since that is the case here (GenMac 1.7 and an Intel 2200bg on a T42p) and I have the exact same problem I assume that is what you are talking about.

If that is the case, have you reported this on the GenMac support list ( http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.genmac.user )?  If not please do. I have spoken with Christian about the problem and he said it is not an error in WLAN but in how GenMac reports the active ip adapter.  In my case it is because I use the VPC/2 network driver.   I have reported it on the GenMac list but never had a repsonse.

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

 Warpstock 2006 - Windsor, Ontario, Canada, October 12-15th, http://www.warpstock.org

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938