From: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Exactly which DLink 520 DWL PCI card !?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:41:30 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm not aware of *any* other WiFi solution for the T42p's built in HW for OS/2.
And thankz for confirming this problem for me.
Unfortunately the gentleman who wrote the "xwlan" prog simply refuses to concede that there might be anything wrong with the (his) code, but insists in must all be because of some deep rooted "corruption" of my OS/2 system.
When I simply stop using xwlan I'm able to connect just fine via standard DHCP, but I can not use encryption or switch SSIDs w/o having to reboot :-(
Its to bad, as I liked that little bugger prog, but right now I'm back to my external portable WiFi hub.

Well, the world moves on and we have to move with it...

>In my case it is because I use the VPC/2 network driver.
I also use VPC/2, but I do not believe this is the reason why, as I had disabled that driver while debugging my system on this and still got the same effect.
Also, the GenMAC driver w/o xwlan works (but w/o encryption or SSID change abillity).
I also checked LANTRAN.LOG and in it GenMAC reports *everything* just fine.
xwlan simply insists on always going up one adapter over the last valid one.
Indeed I added an extra adapter just for the fun of it (USB Network Stick) and all of a sudden xwlan was no longer insisting on interface #2, but #3 instead.
Its like a dog chasing its tail.

But then again, the world keeps turning...

Rick

madodel <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
On 04/12/06 Rick R. wrote:
> I still can't get that xwlan to work on my Thinkpad T42p.
> It just insists on choosing the first not(!) available IP interface.
>
> Rick

You don't say whether you are using GenMac and the T42p's builtin mini-PCI
wireless card, but since that is the case here (GenMac 1.7 and an Intel
2200bg on a T42p) and I have the exact same problem I assume that is what
you are talking about.

If that is the case, have you reported this on the GenMac support list (
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.genmac.user )? If not please do.
I have spoken with Christian about the problem and he said it is not an
error in WLAN but in how GenMac reports the active ip adapter. In my case
it is because I use the VPC/2 network driver. I have reported it on the
GenMac list but never had a repsonse.

Mark

--

From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

http://www.warpstock.org

http://www.os2voice.org

Investigation, 1938

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
Send administrative queries to

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)