Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Exactly which DLink 520 DWL PCI card !?
Datum: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:48:09 -0600
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Yes, though it is possible I suppose that the Windoze version has a different way of providing the switch that doesn't require promiscuous mode (but I don't think so, at least at version 5... not sure about current version after M$ bought it at all).
Andy
Rick R. wrote:
Hi Andy.
  Then VPC for Windoze should have the same issue?

  Rick

Andy Willis <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
  Rick R. wrote:
Speaking about VPC/2.
I also heard on WarpStock that the VPC network switch can not be used on WiFi connections because the WiFi drivers do not support snooping.
Is there any way to rectify that with GenMAC?

Rick

It is not a driver issue... the WiFi cards do not support promiscuous mode which is the problem.
Andy