Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Miles" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: WEP with Cisco 340
Datum: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:15:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've searched the archives but couldn't find anything that would indicate that there
is a problem with the Cisco 340 and WEP keys however, here is what is happening with
my setup.

If I use an open system, no encryption, I can use xwlan to connect without any
problems.  As soon as I enable encryption (WEP 64 or 128) with some key, xwlan can no
longer find the router.

I assume the WEP keys entered in xwlan are type ASCII since the hex ones tend to be
too long to be accepted by xwlan.  If I have xwlan generate a set of keys, those keys
are too long to enter into my router setup.  If you leave off the 0x at the begining,
things still won't work.

I'm sure this has been covered before somewhere here but I couldn't find it.

Router DI-624
PCMCIA Cisco 340

--Miles