Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Ray Davison" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Wireless dialup
Datum: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:02:00 -0700
Za: OS/2 Wireless <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

My laptop has both wired and built-in wireless connections.  They both work under OS/2.  Sometimes neither is available on the road.  I have a cell phone with Cingular service.  They have a Windows application called Cingular Communication Manager.  Under Win I can connect the phone as a modem, and Comm Mgr will dial into Cingular and connect me to the WEB.  I have the choice of paying for time or traffic volume; I chose time.

I would rather not connect under Win; security concerns.  Under OS/2 I can get the phone to dial using AT&T or iLink/2 dialers.  What I would like to do is connect thru Cingular like I am doing under Win.  Any suggestions on an application and how I can get the information that app would need to be accepted by Cingular.  I have not called Cingular yet because I assume the response will be "what's OS/2", or even "what's IBM".  I have actually gotten the second response from another company.

If I cannot get to the WEB thru Cingular I assume that just leaves subscribing to a dial-up ISP.  I only need this a few weeks per year.  I would rather not pay for a service I hardly use.  I have a free service but it does not seem to stay connected very well.  If that is on purpose I can understand it.  Connection time is not free, someone has to pay for it.

Suggestions?

Ray