os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #2068

Da: "Mark Klebanoff" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: getting wireless to work -- including xwlan widget
Data: Thu, 25 May 2006 06:15:11 -0400
A: os2 wireless list <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I've been working to install eCS 2 beta 2 on my Dell Inspiron 5150, and
amazingly, virtually everything is working.  However, I have a
question about wired/wireless lan.  I can get both the wired and
wireless cards working with genmac and the xwlan widget.  However, I
notice that XP will automatically switch between the wired and
wireless cards, depending on which one has a signal.  It can even do
that without rebooting.  Is there a way to set that up in eCS using
XWLAN 2.1.3?  Both cards are Broadcom (wireless has the number
14:4320), and are recognized and functional.

Another problem is getting the 128 bit WEP to work.  The driver and
card, as well as XWLAN are supposed to support it.  The connection is
fine when I disable encryptation on the WRT54G wireless, but once it's
turned on, my laptop can see the SSID but can't log on.  I've tried
entering 0x in front of the wepkey in xwlan but that doesn't help.

I'm not actually sure the XWLAN widget is doing anything.  That's because
the default ssid in protocol.ini is WLAN.  When I change that ssid to the
actual ssid of my wireless, I can log on.  However, when I leave it as it is,
when I change it to "XWLAN", when I give it a null value ("") or when I delete
the line entirely, I cannot log on.  Again, the xwlan widget sees the network
but can't connect.  So it appears the logging on is coming from protocol.ini and
not from xwlan.  If that's the case, is there a way to put the wepkey into
protocol.ini, or better yet, get xwlan to really handle it?

Finally, use NETBIOS to share files, but I can't get that to work with
the wireless, although it seems ok in the wired card.  Does genmac
support netbios?