From: "Christian Langanke" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]xwlan 2.14
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:15:45 +0200

Hi Dave,

Dave Saville wrote:
I upgraded to 2.14 because of the new bits for switching wired/wireless but it
seems worse than before, maybe 2.10.  This is with the generic PRISM driver -
My Artem card is not supported by Genmac.

I always assign a dummy IP to the unused NIC and do that in the  xwlan.cmd file

on CONNECT

if WLan._Profilename = "Home" then do
  'ifconfig lan0 192.168.200.250';

on DISCONNECT

if WLan._Profilename = "Home" then do
  'ifconfig lan1 192.168.201.251';

I would not do so. The best approach is to remove the obsolete interface. So setup.cmd should execute ifconfig for the wired interface and do nothing for the wireless interface. If then XWLAN connects to the same network IP range via wireless, it will disable the cabled interface (ifconfig delete). To switch back, it is best to execute "disable IP interface" in the XWLAN menu, this will delete the wireless interface. Then XWLAN shoul run setup.cmd and everything is fine.
Otherwise the NICs get addressed via DHCP. What seems to happen now is that,
say going wireless -> wired. The WIFI drops and the IP gets assigned as above
and then nothing. A netstat -r at this point will show only the local loopback,
& lan0 and 1 as above addresses. dhcpmon shows lan1 released. The only way to get things back is to manually find and kill DHCPD.EXE and then
run setup from x:/MPTN/bin. I have "Run setup" checked in the WIFI profile.

This is what I don't understand. setup.cmd should run. I just checked the code: setup.cmd is executed before the XWLAN script. I suggest you let setup.cmd write a flagfile ("type nul > C:\setupran.txt") an check if it was really executed.

bye, Christian

Christian Langanke, Christian

Christian Langanke
COS2E & CWSE