Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: xwlan 2.14
Datum: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:10:37 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>I will do the same, as I am seeing a similar issue on my T43 using
>GenMAC for the Intel 2915 (802.11a is a beautiful thing). I routinely
>have to issue my NICON.CMD to get my wired interface back up and running
>upon turning off the radio. For reference (abstracted):
>
>'@ ifconfig lan1 down'
>'@ ifconfig lan1 delete'
>'@ dhcpmon -t'
>'@ route -fh'
>'@ arp -f'
>'@ dhcpstrt -i lan0 -d 0'

Just FWIW, I am using an old driver [That works!] for my PRISM WiFi
adapter in an A30p TPad.  And, I am using one of the last of the old
WiFiState monitors [because it works].

I am using exactly the same sequence of commands that Lewis posted
above to switch between WiFi and hardwired connections.  [I think I may
have gotten this sequence from Lewis when I first got my Wireless AP
about three years ago.  Thank you!]

To reverse the connection, the opposite command has LAN0 instead of
LAN1 and LAN1 in place of LAN0.  I simply manually turn the radio
on/off depending on which way I am switching.

I've been considering moving to the newer driver/monitor for quite a
while, but have not had time to deal with any possible problems.  All
the reported problems with these other drivers/monitor levels have me a
little reluctant to change.  I usually try to keep up with the latest
'stuff' but in this case, maybe...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
is not such a bad idea.

Again, just a FWIW.... Cost nothing; maybe worth the same.

Carl