From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: xwlan 2.14
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:48:25 -0400

On 06/25/06 01:27 pm, Carl Gehr thus wrote :
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:10:37 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

<snip>
For reference (abstracted):

'@ ifconfig lan1 down'
'@ ifconfig lan1 delete'
'@ dhcpmon -t'
'@ route -fh'
'@ arp -f'
'@ dhcpstrt -i lan0 -d 0'

Just FWIW, I am using an old driver [That works!] for my PRISM WiFi
adapter in an A30p TPad.  And, I am using one of the last of the old
WiFiState monitors [because it works].

I am using exactly the same sequence of commands that Lewis posted
above to switch between WiFi and hardwired connections.  [I think I may
have gotten this sequence from Lewis when I first got my Wireless AP
about three years ago.  Thank you!]

I can't take the credit; I stole it from Neil!  ;-)
To reverse the connection, the opposite command has LAN0 instead of
LAN1 and LAN1 in place of LAN0.  I simply manually turn the radio
on/off depending on which way I am switching.

Yes, I have a NICOFF.CMD, as well.
I've been considering moving to the newer driver/monitor for quite a
while, but have not had time to deal with any possible problems.  All
the reported problems with these other drivers/monitor levels have me a
little reluctant to change.  I usually try to keep up with the latest
'stuff' but in this case, maybe...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
is not such a bad idea.

True enough. In my caase, however, new ThinkPad; new drivers. Many issues seem to have been resolved with some of the very latest builds of GenMAC (and no, everyone, I don't have a newer build of GenMAC than 1.7! :-) ) and XWLAN (and XWLAN is - IMO - a must-have utility for anyone who spends time switching from one wireless network to another or between different wireless nets and wired).

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com