From: "Christian Langanke" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: xwlan 2.14
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:54:29 +0200

Michael Warmuth wrote:
Dear Lewis,

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
[...]

Per your second point, Michael, how do you propose setting the host ID
correctly such that a single address is associated with it? In my
experience, having two non-teamed NICs connected to the same subnet has
resulted in a tons of dropped packets and overall poor communication,
aside from the probable packet storm from other clients trying to reach
one interface and hitting the other.

As I said in my first post: They are never connected at the same time -
they are just configured (until XWLAN is running). First the LAN
interface - it get's is configuration using DHCP (and if it does not get
a lease it is configured statically). Then the WLAN interface
(statically): as the LAN interface has set the hostid and the route to
the subnet everything works - even starting the requester.

When I later switch from LAN to WLAN interface I pull out the LAN cable,
and turn on WLAN using XWLAN. Then the requester still works - even a
domain logon. (TCPBEUI is configured for both interfaces)

Ok the request may still work. What I really would like to know is if and then why it would still have connection. when I tested that scenario I made the experience that the cabled interface still configured took all IP packets and the physical connection to the access point was present, but IP communication was just dead. This explains my and Louis' statement...
All other solutions I tried do not work or not fully work (e.g. I can
connect to a specific server, even the domain controller, but I cannot
log on to the domain).

I see the need for special handling of NetBEUI, but would expect that there is another reason why the standard configuration scenario fails.( I hope that one day with a fully featured Samba server available we get a much better TCPBEUI than we have now, and a LanManager 5 compliant requester, so that we can finally dump the Lan Manager 2.x client... Don't take me wrong though, I of course see the need dealing with the current solution)
And no the requester does not start when both interfaces are bound to
TCPBEUI and one is not configured.

Ah now I see the point. I am not sure but it may be possible to bind TCPBEUI to a dummy IP interface (add "No Network Adapter") and route packets of it to either true network adapter (ipgate on). If you manage to route packets from that dummy IP interface (of course from a different subnet !) to lets say the cabled interface, I would say the switch between cabled and wireless should work. _If_ this requires an additional network route for that special subnet (what I don't expect though - the default route IMHO should suffice), the more XLWN needs additional route handling, like stated in my other posting.
I would really like to know if that works for you!

From the Help file:

   This script is executed after the TCP/IP interface has been either
   configured or unconfigured.

<snip>

I use XWLAN 2.14 and when I turn on the WLAN it does:
1) Turns on the card
2) Searchs for a WLAN
3) Connects to the WLAN
4) Does run xwlan.cmd
5) Configures the IP interface

Will check that again, but - is the property "Wait for script to end" checked (Script page in Properties)?

bye, Christian