os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #2120

Da: "Larry Tawa" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Sveasoft vs dd-wrt (was Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Warpstock 2006 Wi-Fi workshop ideas)
Data: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:34:09 -0600
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

>For WDS try DD-WRT (http://www.dd-wrt.com) its free,
>We changed from SVEASOFT to this and now we run 16 * wrt54g (even v5) in
>a WDS network with this and works great
snip

Hmmm.  Interesting to see that a Linksys WRT54G v 5 is actually usable via
dd-wrt.  :)   I could pick up v 5 cheap on ebay and extend my supplies of
WRT54Gs.  If you could please describe the area that the your WRT54Gs
cover?

Sveasoft released Talisman 1.2 RC3 and subsequently RC3b which now allows
my WRT54Gs to connect via WDS with WPA2/AES.  RC3 took some patience and
RC3b was easy to function for my setup.  1.2 GA should be released within
the next several weeks.  Hopefully Sveasoft will soon have a micro
firmware release (like dd-wrt) to function on a WRT54G v 5 router.

The reason I stay with Sveasoft is the potential of their firmware;
besides the Linksys WRT54G, WRT54GS and WRT54GL routers, Sveasoft plans to
support Talisman firmware on some Buffalotech, ASUS, and other routers -
important for us to have alternatives to the famed Linksys line since some
Linksys routers have warped to a different non-Linux firmware.  Also a
Hotspot enabled router has been promised at some point & more!

Regards.

Larry