From: "Michael Warmuth" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: xwlan 2.14
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:43:31 +0200

Christian Langanke wrote:
[...]
> Ah now I see the point. I am not sure but it may be possible to bind
> TCPBEUI to a dummy IP interface (add "No Network Adapter") and route
> packets of it to either true network adapter (ipgate on). If you manage
> to route packets from that dummy IP interface (of course from a
> different subnet !) to lets say the cabled interface, I would say the
> switch between cabled and wireless should work. _If_ this requires an
> additional network route for that special subnet (what I don't expect
> though - the default route IMHO should suffice), the more XLWN needs
> additional route handling, like stated in my other posting.
> I would really like to know if that works for you!
[...]

Interesting solution! Haven't thought about this myself. So I tried it
out (loop back interface as lan2, other subnet, TCPBEUI only bound to
this interface, ipgate on) with the following result:

Using lan0 (wired) it does work (domain logon, TCPBEUI access to
shares). Using lan1 (WLAN) it does not work completely (NO domain logon,
but TCBEUI access to shares).

(Have I told you already, that I still cannot figure out how this
TCPBEUI implementation works?)

So I switched back to the "two interfaces configured in the same subnet
configuration".

[...]
>> I use XWLAN 2.14 and when I turn on the WLAN it does:
>> 1) Turns on the card
>> 2) Searchs for a WLAN
>> 3) Connects to the WLAN
>> 4) Does run xwlan.cmd
>> 5) Configures the IP interface
>>
> Will check that again, but - is the property "Wait for script to end"
> checked (Script page in Properties)?

Yes this check box is set. But I really think that this is the correct
sequence: Because it is possible to start a process then which strikes
when the interface is fully configured by XWLAN. But it's a bit hard to
code to step back in time when xwlan.cmd is started after configuring
the interface. ;-)

Thanx for your support and patience
Michael

--
Michael Warmuth, Manager IT, michael@warmuth.at
Michael Warmuth - EDV-Dienstleistungen, www.warmuth.at

Austria -- The place in the heart of Europe
where no kangaroos are hopping around.