Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]IBM tri-mode fun with 31P9707 (Atheros AR5001X+); Cisco mPCI; and a note about XWLAN 2.14
Datum: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:06:51 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

A quick follow-up, pardon the top posting and reply to my own post:

On 06/30/06 11:39 pm, Lewis G Rosenthal thus wrote :

<snip>
The Cisco AIR-MP20B should be handled by GenMAC 1.7 (I think), howeever, there is mention of the T30 not supporting this card under certain firmware revs (ThinkPad firmware, not card firmware).
<loud buzzer> Incorrect: it may indeed be the firmware on the card and not eh T30 firmware. I haven't checked the firmware rev on the card, but I will indeed (see http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Cisco_Aironet_Wireless_802.11b, which describes a similar issue we've seen with the 350 PCMCIA cards not functioning with later Cisco firmware). I'll follow up in another thread when I get a chance to flash the card to a known-good firmware rev.
GenMAC loaded up the first time without coughing, but subsequent boot cycles brought me up to a TRAP 8 (interrupt left hot?), and the first time around I was not able to get the card to be seen. So...on to option number two.

I did indeed get this with *and without* the STACK32 param on the OPTIONS line for the driver in PROTOCOL.INI, before anyone brings this to my attention. I also got it with UNIAUD completely remmed out of CONFIG.SYS (ergo, no audio whatsoever). the only protocol loaded for the card was TCP/IP, and I even went so far as to unload all other protocols (IPX included) for the wired NIC - same result.

<snip>

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com