Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: xwlan 2.14
Datum: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:44:06 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 06/27/06 06:23 pm, Christian Langanke thus wrote :
Christian Langanke wrote:

I use XWLAN 2.14 and when I turn on the WLAN it does:
1) Turns on the card
2) Searchs for a WLAN
3) Connects to the WLAN
4) Does run xwlan.cmd
5) Configures the IP interface

Correct. First of all the online help was incorrect. To reflect the current implementation, it would read like this

This script is executed
- after the TCP/IP interface has been configured  or
- before it is unconfigured

I cannot remember when I modified the code to execute the script on disconnect before XWLAN unconfigures the WLAN device, but it seems that I forgot to update the docs as well.

IMPORTANT:

I just thought about if the order makes sense on dsconnect, and think it may be better to call the script on disconnect after XWLAN unconfigured the WLAN interface. Please tell me what you think, I have no idea what is really better.

I think it is better (necessary?) to call the script *after* the the WLAN IF is unconfigured. This makes more sense to my way of thinking.
Moreover,  Michael is correct: the script is called before DHCP finished configuration - this is a bug, thanx for the hint!

Could this be the cause of the trouble I've just seen with the IBM tri-mode card not getting past the DHCP discovery stage?
I once have added code to call the script on connect under certain circumstances on reenablement of radio, but _before_ the DHCP request is issued. I don't recall why, although the code part was commented (otherwise I would not even have known why I added it...). Now I just commented out this part, and the script is properly called on disconnect - it seems that I once had a problem hat I somehow accidentally fixed, and so did not remove the obsolete code.

I seem to recall that you and I had an exchange about this some time back. I'd have to look through my email archives, though. It just rings a bell to me.
Next version will have that fix, and if we think that the disconnect script call should be executed after XWLAN unconfigured the WLAN interface, I will also change this.

Or perhaps a config option to swap the order? Just thinking out loud, in case someone has a reason to run the script before the WLAN IF goes down.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com