Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: xwlan 2.14
Datum: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:52:09 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 06/29/06 02:47 pm, Christian Langanke thus wrote :
Michael Warmuth wrote:

<snip>
But I really think that this is the correct
sequence: Because it is possible to start a process then which strikes
when the interface is fully configured by XWLAN. But it's a bit hard to
code to step back in time when xwlan.cmd is started after configuring
the interface. ;-)
I doubt that the xwlan script should be run before the WLAN interface is configured. The purpose of the script is to run additional commands depending on the _configured_ WLAN interface, for this the WLAN interface must already be configured. The only thing that I could think of is to redesign the script interface and add two more events. SO it would not only be

CONNECT (run after WLAN is configured)
DISCONNECT (run before WLAN is unconfigured)

but as well

CONNECTPENDING (run before WLAN is configured)
DISCONECTCOMPLETED (run after WLAN is unconfigured)

I would not so so before there is a serious used case for that, because I would not want to make the whole thing too complex.

This is essentially what I was getting at with my idea of an option toggle. The additional variables would handle this similarly. That said,  I agree; the point, after all, is to make XWLAN as monolithic as possible, so that script actions should be possible from within the app, and not necessary outside of it. The simpler, the better.

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com