os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #214

Da: "Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] OT: latest java version
Data: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:21:56 -0400
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

* Andy Willis wrote, On 6/17/2008 7:19 AM:
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE wrote:
* Andy Willis wrote, On 6/17/2008 5:02 AM:
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE wrote:
* Andy Willis wrote, On 6/15/2008 12:51 PM:
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE wrote:
* Andy Willis wrote, On 6/14/2008 7:13 PM:
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE wrote:
* Andy Willis wrote, On 6/14/2008 6:10 PM:
Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE wrote:
* Andy Willis wrote, On 6/14/2008 4:29 PM:
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:18:47 -0400 "Leon D. Zetekoff, NCE"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
* Chuck McKinnis wrote, On 6/13/2008 11:12 AM:
Leon D. Zetekoff wrote:
HI guys...what's the latest java version? I seem to have 1.4.2
b05
Is there anything> 1.4.2 avail?

Thanks leon
The latest is Java 1.4.2_09, available from www.ecomstation.com.
Search for "1.4.2".

Thanks Chuck....will grab it but need 1.5+

I saw a thread at os2world.com concerning the ability to run 1.5
under
Odin. I think the problem was with javaws, but that the JVM itself
may have
worked. Try a seach there, Leon.

Not that it helps Leon but I just used Javaws with 1.5 (using the
replace exe method and not the ar5os2 method). The plugin is the
only
thing I haven't gotten working so far.
HI Andy...actually the WS I think is what is needed as the browser
starts a jnlp file. WIll have to check it out.

thanks leon
Andy

If it is a jnlp file then we should be able to get you going. I think
I am currently still using javaws from possible Java 1.3 but I set it
launches Java 1.5. The easiest way for my quick check was I had
javaws
working for Java 1.4.2 and I then renamed the Java 1.4.2 directory
and
replaced it with my Java 1.5 directory so that the existing Javaws
setup was in place.
If you can show me a procedure what to try I'll give it a shot. It's a
video conferencing thing. Of course my ecs box has no audio on it
but I
just want to prove a point :-)

thanks leon
Andy

Well the first part is setting up the Java. You'll need to download
the 1.4.2_09 from ecomstation site and install it. In order to install
1.5.0_07 we will need to install it on a Windows system and copy the
directory over. Then copy the exe files from the Java 1.4.2_09 into
the Java 1.5.0_07. Also the j2win.dll will be needed.
I'll have to brush up on how I setup javaws in the first place as it
has been so long since I touched the setup.
Hi Andy et al:

Here's what I did:

1. installed 1.4.2.09
2. xcopy'ed D:\java142 to a save directory
3. installed 1.5.07 on winbox
4. copied winbox install on top of \java142
'5. copied os2 exe from 142 savearea
6. copied j2win.dll from 142 savearea

invoking java -fullversion still shows 1.4.2 (which would possibly make
sense)
when I went to www.elluminate.com/support still get NETSCAPE UNSUPPORTED
JAVA VERSION (Using NS haven't tried firefox yet as I need to get it)

Thanks leon

Do a Java -version as well as a Java -fullversion. One or the other
should report the correct 1.5.0_07, I had thought it was -fullversion
(I used hexedit to fix the other and I think that was -version though
this is not required).
I am not sure if the procedure was fully correct.
Instead of xcopying the java142 directory I just renamed it. I then
created a java142 directory and copied the directories from the
windows machine to java142 such that it had the same structure as it
did when java142 was installed.
I then copied the exe files over and the j2win.dll.
the -version indicated 1.5.x -full indicates 1.4.2
I took the original 142 directory and copied it off with xcopy to save
it intact before I mucked with it then moved the components in as
specified. Try going to www.elluminate.com/support and see if you get an
error

netscape closes after I dismiss the dialog box I reported

thanks leon

I can load the Elluminate app and can even hear audio but it won't find my Mic.
ok great...I'll have to hexedit then the base exe. Standard mic or usb mic?

Leon

It is a Thinkpad builtin mic.
hmmm should work as it does in WIndoze :-(

ldz