Mensaje archivado #2215 de la Lista os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Bob" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Encabezados Completos
Mensaje no decodificado
Enviador: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Asunto: [OS2Wireless] anyone have GenMac and NETBIOS/TCPIP working?
Fecha: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:22:08 -0800
Para: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

** Reply to message from "Chris Clayton clayton@ieee.org" on Sun, 27 Nov 2005
21:05:35 -0700 (MST)

> O.K. this is the problem I give a quick fix to below.  NetBIOS is a
> broadcast protocol that polls the network to see who is on line and
> what is available.  This was ok until networks with 100s of computers
> were established.  This NetBIOS poling really slowed things down.  So
> an extension was created called NetBIOS over TCP/IP that included an
> NetBIOS name server to handle connection requests and a non broadcast
> mode was established and, this is the biggie, connection caching was
> included.  But to maintain compatibility, broadcast mode was included
> as an option.  The NetBIOS over TCP/IP we use defaults to a
> quasi-broadcast mode with caching enabled (In the M$ world this is
> known as Microsoft Networking)  This is great for us small users since
> we do not need to set up a NetBIOS name server.  However, the caching
> part remember NetBIOS name and the associated mac address.  The problem
> comes when a computer changes mac cards (i.e. goes from a wired nic to
> a wifi nic ) but not NetBIOS names.  Unless told otherwise, the cache
> is used first to resolve names, so when you look for a computer, the
> system cryptically responds that your not there because your name
> doesn't correspond to your mac address.

Still trying to get "net use" to work.

My original configuration was:

IBM Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (OS/2).......
   IBM TCP/IP
   IBM OS/2 NETBIOS
Generic PRISM Driver for PCMCIA/PLX cards.......
   IBM TCP/IP
   IBM OS/2 NETBIOS
GenMac Wrapper Intel 2100 Wlan [8086:1043}.......
   IBM TCP/IP
   IBM OS/2 NETBIOS

I changed all the IBM OS/2 NETBIOS to IBM OS/2 NETBIOS OVER TCP/IP.

On the re-boot I got the message

SYS1719: The file C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG\NETWKSTA.200 specified in the IFS statement
on line 61 of the CONFIG.SYS file does not contain a valid device driver or
file system driver.  Line 61 is ignored.

Of course "net use" does not work because it requires NETWKSTA.200.

So I added IBM OS/2 NETBIOS to the first network adapter.

On the re-boot the system hung after the GenMac driver loaded and required a
power cycle to get out of it.  It is a good thing I have been following the
messages on this list because I then edited config.sys an REMed out the UNIAUD
drivers and on re-boot the system came back to life.  I still got the message

SYS1719: The file C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG\NETWKSTA.200 specified in the IFS statement
on line 61 of the CONFIG.SYS file does not contain a valid device driver or
file system driver.  Line 61 is ignored.

but at least it did boot.  So I have again changed the configuration back to
what it was at the start of all this and things are back to what they were.
"net use" works on the wired LAN connection but not the GenMac connection.

So any suggestions on what I can try next.

--
Robert Blair
(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Correo al dueño de la Lista