From: "Bob" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] anyone have GenMac and NETBIOS/TCPIP working?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:05:40 -0800
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

** Reply to message from "Chris Clayton clayton-at-ieee.org
|os2-wireless_users|" <...> on Sat, 26 Nov 2005
10:03:08 -0700 (MST)

> The same error message "NET2186: The service is not responding to the
> control function." that Mark got.

I am not getting any error messages.

The REQUESTER service is not started.
The REQUESTER service is starting..........
The REQUESTER service was started successfully.

>  If you issue a NET USE or LOGIN
> command and PEER is not running, then it will try to start.  If it
> successfully starts, you may be asked to log in.  Try issuing at NET
> VIEW command to see who else is up.  Then issue NET VIEW \\servername

SYS0053: The network path was not found

> to see what 'servername' has shared.  If either or both commands fails
> then you may have a problem with PEER.  In this case, if you know that
> there are shares available on 'servername', you could get to them
> before, and you are running NETBIOS over TCP/IP then try:  1) Stop PEER
> - NET STOP REQ /Y  2) Delete d:\IBMCOM\RFCCACHE.LST 3) Restart PEER -
> LOGON username /p:password  This clears out the broadcast cache which
> sometimes has old info in it that in turn causes problems when trying
> to connect to shared resources.

After any of the LAN connections has an IP using DHCP I issue a "net use"
command (I am using XWLAN 2.02 for the wireless connections).

Using the wired LAN no problems and I get a list of the connections started.

Using the Linksys PC card wireless (PRISM drivers) I get the following message

"There are no entries in the list"

but if I go to "sharing and connections" it shows that the connections were
made so I have a shared file and a remote printer  (Why is it connecting if
there are no entries in the list?).

Using the internal wireless (GenMac drivers) I get the same message

"There are no entries in the list"

followed about 20 seconds later with a pop-up with the message (Why is it
trying to connect if there are no entries in the list?).

"One or more of your connection failed"

when I go to "sharing and connections" it shows that the connections are
inactive.  Clicking the re-connect button I get the message "SYS0053: The
network path was not found".

--
Robert Blair
(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)