Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: [OS2Wireless] Wlan, wired and wireless connections
Datum: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:57:51 -0700
Za: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

** Reply to message from "Jim Showalter" <jshowalt@mindspring.com> on Thu, 24
Nov 2005 12:41:47 -0800

> Next, if I boot with the wired lan cable connected, I don't get a clean
> switch to wireless via wlan, as I understand it won't from your
> discussion below.  If I boot with the lan cable disconnected, wlan
> configures the IBMPRISM wireless so that I can connect.  I still have a
> problem with some web sites in the browser not being able to load (some
> do, some don't), but I suspect there is still some garbage left over
> from the wired setup not properly disabled.

Jim, check your routing table (netstat -r) for multiple default routes.  I get
the same "maybe/maybe not" symptoms if I have a default defined in the tcpip
settings then also connect with dhcp.  If both settings default to the router
it's OK, but if they are to different address I get weird connections.  I hit
this fairly often making all sorts of configuration changes for multiple local
networks so I finally forced myself to stop that nonsense and if I have a case
where I need a fixed default I try and make it the router.

--
Will Honea <hwj25@qwest.net>

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)