Message #234 des archives de la Liste os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Sujet: Re: [OS2Wireless] TOT I think my T21 is dead
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:32:02 -0400

On 08/07/08 11:54 am, Dale A Cook thus wrote :
                                    Is this not os2wireless  & not  wincrap  therefore should not here?  Is there a moderator or listowner  here ?????
Dale, I am the list owner, and de facto moderator (though I tend to moderate only in rare instances).

I have found nothing offensive in Dave's posting. There is no rule that non-OS/2 operating systems not be mentioned, though the thrust of this list is on wireless communications under OS/2 and eCS. Dave's problem may have something to do with a networking card of some sort, and as the list has been rather quiet of late (in fact, many OS/2-related lists have been quiet these past couple of months), I didn't think there would be much objection to a clearly-labeled OT thread.

If anyone else would care to send me PM concerning allowing OT discussions in general and this one in particular, please feel free: lgrosenthal AT the same domain as this list will get you straight to my Inbox. I promise to be as objective as I can be, and as I count Dave among my friends, I'm sure that if I asked him to move this thread to eCS Technical or something, he would oblige. However, considering the number of people subscribed to this list (200 or so in total) who may have similar systems, I think Dave's experiences may be rather informative, and I am currently inclined to allow this thread to continue to its logical conclusion.

In the years since I started this list, I have only banned one subscriber, and that after careful deliberation and private discussion with those who had been personally "attacked" (flamed would not necessarily apply). I took action only after repeated warnings and private email asking this particular subscriber to soften his tone. His threads were well OT, rarely having anything to do with wireless networking (though they definitely involved eCS). My sole hesitation in banning him (my knee-jerk reaction) was that I have specifically stated that this is *not* a moderated list, and I feel it important when providing a forum for discussion that those with something to discuss do so without fear of censorship.

Thank you for your comments and concern, and I'll wait to hear from others before I take any action.

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Warpstock - Santa Cruz, CA, Aug 15-17, 2008 www.warpstock.org
Écrire au gestionnaire de la liste