From: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Problem with new XWLan 2.0 (Oh and BTW, GenMac 1.0 is out)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:43:33 -0400
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

First off for anyone not on the VOICE News list (and why aren't you if you
are interested in news about OS/2-eComStation?).  The legendary GenMac
wrapper driver has been released on Netlabs.

 ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/genmac/genmac100.zip

This driver loads on my T42p with an Intel 2100b mini-PCI.  But it is not
recognized by XWLan 1.2.  So back to Netlabs where I found XWLan 2.0.
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wlan/xwlan200.zip  This recognizes the Intel
2100, but it is missing the TCP/IP page in the properties, and I can't get
out to the internet.  So its a catch 22, GenMac loads, but doesn't work
with XWLan 1.2 which allows me to setup TCP/IP, but though it is
recognized by XWLan 2.0, there is no TCP/IP page to configure it.  There
is a mention in the WLAN INF file that there may be problems installing
over a previous version, but the link in that INF file is broken, so I
don't know how to uninstall the previous version.  I deleted all the
plugin XWLan files, but it still finds the Profile settings from before.
Anyone able to give me a clue as to what I am missing here?  One other
thing I noticed is that when I install XWLan 2.0 into eCenter my battery
widget stops working.

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

 Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005  http://www.warpstock.org
 Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)