From: Christian Langanke <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] NdisWrapper
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:32:51 +0200
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Andrew J. Leary wrote:

The version of GenMAC that is currently available on os2warp.be appears to
only support certain wired NICs.
That is true. I never used the old version though, but AFAIU the new genmac is a completely new thing, what would mean that much less devices are supported - if I recall correctly, it was a list of less than ten devices. But I will ask back for that.

I'm hoping that this new version becomes
available soon.  I'd like to be able to upgrade my OS/2 notebook to 802.11g
instead of 802.11b.
That was and is my very own motivation as well to invest my time into XWLAN, even if WPA isn't supported right from the beginning. Just as everybody I would have liked to see that much earlier, but it wasn't possible.

I'm quite willing to pay a reasonable license fee for a
working 802.11g solution on OS/2.

Good intention, but for several reasons money throwing money at this will help/speed up nothing.

thanx, Christian

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)