From: Stan Goodman <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Library of Congress is confused...
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 07:45:15 +0300
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

** Reply to message from Stuart Updike <stuupdike@mindspring.com> on Fri, 12
Aug 2005 16:04:15 -0500

> Stan Goodman wrote:
>
> >That will be the day -- when the Congress takes an interest in which format
> >applications are to be submitted.
> >

> Nevertheless, the Senate and the House are the only real places where
> the power to change this resides.  If the OS/2 community is unable, or
> unwilling, to make a compelling argument to them, we may as well forget it.

Quite right.

The Congress is not going to involve itself in trivia like file formats. LoC
has, in  any case, made a rational administrative decision. That it is rational
is a consequence of MS's predatory, cutthroat marketing tactics and the simple
fact that there is no other format accessible to so many people. This, by the
way, is not the only instance in which the same format is required by a
government agency, although apparently this is the first instance that touches
many users of this  forum. What people seem to be waking up to is the fact that
the battle is long over, and that MS has won it irreversibly.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)