os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #272

Da: "Stanley Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Need help for Wireless Client installation
Data: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:33:19 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:09:01 +0700, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>I didn't use the WRT54GL yet because it is complicated to flash
>the firmware (i.e. it takes at least 30 minutes of concentrated
>thought which I don' t have to devote to it now).

HUH? 5 min tops for firmware. 30 min for setup maybe...

The question that was posted by Lewis is really "Are you licenced for more than one IP/MAC
address from the ISP?"  If the answer is NO, than you MUST use the WRT router to pretend
(clone) to be the authorized MAC and then serve addresses to the rest of the computers.
Perhaps at this point the authorized mac is the other linksys device.....but I suppose it
could be attached to the wan port of the WRT so that you  have a hub and a DHCP server for
the rest of the devices.

I believe that with the latest DD-Wrt and the v1.1 of the WRT54GL that you could have the
unit both receive the signal (with boosted antennae from the ISP's WiFi) and transmit a
different SSID for the house computers with the new virtual SSID function.