os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #275

Da: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Once thought safe, WPA Wi-Fi encryption is cracked - Network World
Data: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:22:41 +1100
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Thought this might be of interest:

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/110608-once-thought-safe-wpa-wi-fi.html?ts0hb&story=ts_wpahack <http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/110608-once-thought-safe-wpa-wi-fi.html?ts0hb&story=ts_wpahack> Cheers, everyone. Back to the grindstone...

Reading the article this is only a partial crack and only applies to WPA1 using TKIP keys, not WPA2 that I think most looking for security would use nowadays. The question is if the same methods used to crack TKIP on WPA1 means there's a chance of cracking protocols running on WPA2 in the future ?

Perhaps we should only run over WiFi links while inside a VPN tunnel ? Of course external hot spots at cafes and the like are the greatest security hole as then often don't have any encryption at all !

Cheers/2

Ed.