Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: OT: DDNS client (was: Re: [OS2Wireless] DDNS client)
Datum: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:35:36 -0500
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Jeff!

On 11/22/08 12:05 am, Jeffrey Race thus wrote :
Is there such a thing as a software ap that runs on a PC which
can periodically report to a dynamic DNS service (e.g. at boot,
or every day, hour) in the same way as does a router's DDNS function?   If so could I have some pointers to one or ones that
work on eCS, Win and Linux?   Also any cmts or gotchas.

Your first stop should be the support page for your DDNS provider. For DynDNS, you might want to check out http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/ , for example.

Recommendations for software I've actually run:

Win32:

Direct Update: http://www.directupdate.net/
(shareware; $25)
good support; runs as a service; nice interface; stable

Linux:

ez-ipupdate: http://ez-ipupdate.com/
free; open source; not sure of license
this is the updater used by Astaro Security Linux and Astaro Security Gateway devices

inadyn: http://sourceforge.net/projects/inadyn/
free; open source; GPL
fairly widespread use; doesn't support all DynDNS options, however (though it's great for the standard stuff)

OS/2:

inadyn: http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?key=inadyn&pushbutton=Search
the OS/2 port is based on inadyn 1.96 (latest version is 1.96.2)
stable

There are scads of others for a number of languages (Perl, Java, C, etc.). Search Hobbes, Sourceforge, and Google for "dynamic DNS updater" and you'll come up with tons of hits. I've used all of the above with good results.

Cheers.

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation            www.warpstock.org