Message #313 des archives de la Liste os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Sujet: 'Throbbing' WiFi indicator on TPad T60
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:37:22 -0500 (EST)
À: "OS/2 Wireless Users List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I have a TPad T60 with the integrated WiFi adapter described by PCI.Exe
as:
> Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
> Device 4227h PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

After the system has been running a while [no consistent time interval]
the WiFi indicator light on the panel under the screen will begin to
'throb' or 'beacon' at a rate of several times per second.

There is nothing consistent about the environment other than the
hardware.  I have seen this:
*  Connected to various different Access Points in different
   locations.
*  With eCS V2.0 RC2
*  With Ubuntu Linux [V810]

it does not seem to actually be stopping the transmission of data.
And, with only one exception, sliding the switch under the lower-left
of the keyboard OFF/ON will turn the light back on solid for some
indefinite period.  But, then it starts again after a while.

Therefore, I can only attribute the problem to the hardware.  But
before I open a hardware ticket with IBM/Lenovo, I'd like to know if
anyone else has seen the problem and resolved it without a service
call.
--
TIA
Carl