From: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] 'Throbbing' WiFi indicator on TPad T60
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:09:30 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:18:41 -0400, Julian Thomas wrote:

>In <list-2312717@2rosenthals.com>, on 02/15/09
>   at 09:37 PM, "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> typed:
>>Therefore, I can only attribute the problem to the hardware.  But before
>>I open a hardware ticket with IBM/Lenovo, I'd like to know if anyone else
>>has seen the problem and resolved it without a service call.
>
>I have the same configuration, and have never seen that problem.

Thanks, Julian!  Somewhat confirms my knee-jerk reaction that it is a
hardware problem...

After I sent the posting, I have had two other bits of strange
behavior:
1)  While normally, as I indicated, flipping the switch for
    the radio  OFF/ON would bring back the steady light, a
    couple of times last night, it kept blinking even with
    the switch in the OFF position.
2)  Then, this morning, even with the light steady ON, the
    system lost contact with the router/AP.  Required a re-boot
    to get it back. [The router was OK.]

I'm not sure the latter problem is part of the same problem, though,
because I've lost the connection a couple of times since I changed the
AP security from WEP64 to WEP128.  Until this morning, recycling the
power on the router/AP would re-establish the connection without a
reboot.  This morning, it did not.  If the connection keeps dropping,
I'll go back to WEP64 to see if the dropped connection continues to
happen.

Thanks, again...
Carl