From: "Bob" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] [OS2Wireless]TPad T60 Connect to Linksys BEFW11S4 - Security Settings
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:18:16 -0800

** Reply to message from "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:38:51 -0500 (EST)

> Please consider this tread terminate/transferred to:
>     "'Throbbing' WiFi indicator on TPad T60"

Well I have been reading this thread but I am not sure what you mean by
"throbbing".  Does it blink in a pattern or a random fashion?

> because:
> 1)  The problems seem to be closely related.
> 2)  In updating the above thread, I've added points
>     from this thread.
>
> NET:  I'm back to WEP64; firmware has been updated;
>       but the situation has gone from uncertain and
>       backlevel to a PITA that is worse than it was.
> Thanks to all who have commented.  For further info, please
> check the other [OS2Wireless] thread.

I have a T41 and the WiFi indicator blinks mainly when data is being
transferred over the link.  I assume all of the blinking is when there is data
on the link some of which is normal TCP or NETBIOS traffic.

Occasionally I have problems with the wireless link but attribute that to a
weak signal or radio interference (there are a lot of wireless devices using
the same frequency as WiFi).  Normally I do not have to reboot as the
connection usually comes back alive after a short interval.

--
Robert Blair