Mensaje archivado #3317 de la Lista os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: Kris Steenhaut <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Encabezados Completos
Mensaje no decodificado
Enviador: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Asunto: [OS2Wireless] Jacaranda for dummies.
Fecha: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:26:26 +0100
Para: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Lewis G Rosenthal schreef:

See my comments above. having a second OS isn't a crime or a cheat;

Hope so. OTOH I'm getting the impression it's almost a crime NOT to have Windy around.

So, wlanstat.exe is running here ...so what?

You have to at least have a cursory look at the documentation to configure the interface

there is no interface ....

Because it's so much easier with the widget (or standalone app) which Christian spent so much time developing!!!!!!

Look, you could certainly go into MPTS, go to the card settings, hardcode your SSID in there; then close MPTS, open TCP/IP configuration (assuming, of course, that you still have Java 1.1.8

we have to do it all the time anyway, so having not to do it

ormally - read: without Christian's app!!! - only ***ONE*** interface may be configured for DHCP) and the other for a static IP, save your settings, close the configuration notebook, and

that's clear at last.

However, it's so much easier to just install the card, install Christian's app,

you have to install 1st xwp..

configured wlanstat to use DHCP for the wireless interface (something you ***CANNOT*** do with the TCP/IP configuraiton notebook).

Well, now I know I have to restrict myself to lan0 :-)

--
Groeten uit Gent,

  Kris

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Correo al dueño de la Lista