From: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Cisco 350
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:30:47 -0500
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

In <200412070624.iB76OLqv051124@ns2.cruzio.com>, on 12/06/04 at 10:24 PM,
   "Neil Waldhauer" <neil@blondeguy.com> said:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:15:51 -0800, "Neil Waldhauer" <neil@blondeguy.com>
>wrote:

>> <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Also, you need to use Jens' beta driver; the old IBM Cisco 340 driver
>> > won't work with XWLAN.
>>
>> I was trying the old IBM Cisco 340 driver. I tried the Prism 2.5 driver, but
>> that doesn't seem to work. (No card detected) I'm not sure what driver I should
>> use. Can you point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Neil

>Thanks, Lewis. With the new driver the Cisco 350 is working fine with
>XWLAN.

Same here.  At least it works fine now after I finally remembered to add
the new cards MAC address to my Netgear wireless router's access filter.
XWLAN kept saying my SSI was "out of range".  I knew the Cisco card was
working because until I added the MAC I was only able to connect to my
neighbor's windoze box.  Got an ip address and everything from him. :-)

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

 Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004  http://www.warpstock.org
 Warpstock Europe 2004, Arnhem, The Netherlands, November 26-28th, 2004 http://www.warpstock.net

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)