Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: [OS2Wireless] Wireless LAN Monitor
Datum: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:33:27 -0500
Za: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

In <200412071619.iB7GJP406895@epz01.nefonline.de>, on 12/07/04 at 05:19
PM,
   "Daniela Engert" <dani@ngrt.de> said:

>Well, even if the NDIS wrapper hasn't settled down yet, it's pretty
>functional now: since yesterday evening, I have a working Intel Centrino
>2200 b/g WLAN, associated at 54MBit/s with my ASUS WL-330g pocket access
>point that I had with me to Warpstock Europe. There's probably some more
>work required to get WEP done, and the commandline config tool isn't
>exactly what an average user expects, but - maybe -
>XWLAN will take care of setting the SSID and the WEP keys? May we dream
>of a WPA supplicant, f.e. derived from the related Sourceforge
>project?

This is wonderful news.  Now all we need is for the win32prn project to
show some serious progress and we will have some current support in two of
the worse areas of hardware devices.

I can live without WPA for a bit, but its getting tougher to find 802.11b
cards, let alone ones supported by Jens drivers(I just bought one of
Lewis' Cisco350 cards just to have a spare).  It would be fantastic to be
able to buy a new laptop and not have to worry about a PCMCIA slot for an
802.11b card.  Now if only SNAP would support WUXGA on notebook screens,
I'd be in hog heaven. ;-)

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

 Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004  http://www.warpstock.org
 Warpstock Europe 2004, Arnhem, The Netherlands, November 26-28th, 2004 http://www.warpstock.net

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)