From: Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Belkin F5D6020 802.11b PCMCIA FREE after rebate)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:31:28 -0500
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

On 12/05/2004 10:51 pm, Will Honea thus wrote :

** Reply to message from Lewis G Rosenthal <lgrosenthal@2rosenthals.com> on
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:34:55 -0500

I've had a couple inquiries concerning this one, and after making a recent discovery of some apparently misinformation on the OS/2 Compatible Hardware List (namely, the LinkSys WPC11 V4, listed as having a PRISM3 chipset, apparently has a Realtek RTL8180 instead).

Thanks for the info - I KNEW that the Prism drivers were the wrong ones, but
you guys had me about convinced that memory had finally deserted me ;-(

Yep, they really should have changed the model number completely for this card, as it's way afield from the earlier cards bearing the same name.

FWIW, I couldn't get the Linksys V.4 card to work with anything in the Linux
library either and the results with the XP drivers were p-poor, to say the
least.  Range was about half what I could get with US Robotics USR5410(11g)
PCMCIA card - even worse than the D-Link DWL-520 card in one of our desktop
boxes.

This is good to know. So, in essence, the card is overpriced for its performance. I've seen on the net that the Realtek Linux driver is supposed to work with this card (under Linux, of course, in case someone might misconstrue my statement).

"unsubscribe os2-wireless_users" in the body
(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)