Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Wireless Bridges [Was: 3Com wireless card]
Datum: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:39:39 -0500
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 02/22/09 04:53 pm, Carl Gehr thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

I was talking about a wireless ethernet bridge device, such as the Netgear ME101 (http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2496 ) or the LinkSys WET54G (http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WET54G ).

Lewis,
Your comments raised another possible application...

Have you [or anyone] tried to connect a DirecTV DVR to the Internet?

DirecTV DVRs [HR-21 & HR-22, at least] allows such a connection and, in
fact, requires it for certain On-Demand functions.  My particular DVRs
are located where there is no way to connect them to a normal
ethernet->router cable.  But, it occurs to me that one of these
'bridges' that you mention might be a way to get this connectivity.

The DVRs have ethernet ports.  Could one of these wireless devices be
configured to access the Internet via the same Router/AP that I use for
my TPad?

Just curious...

That sounds like it should work without a problem, once the unit is configured from a computer (likely no browser or keyboard on the DVR).

I have Dish Network with older receivers. These require dialup access (yech).

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation            www.warpstock.org