From: Robert Henschel <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, Oct 6-9
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:10:26 +0200
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
> I hope that by now, most everyone on this list is aware of the upcoming
> Warpstock event in Hershey, PA in October. We (the event team, of which
> your humble author is Chair) are hard at work planning what promises to
> be a great event, both from a content perspective and also the overall
> experience.
>
> While I am very busy with the administrative duties of managing the Team
> and so forth, I will still be preparing a Wi-Fi presentation (or two).
> One of the things I really want to do is a half-day hands-on clinic,
> where people can bring their notebooks and adapters, we can break into
> groups to try to solve some problems, and then get together near the
> close of the session to compare notes. I want your tough issues!!
Yes! Great idea. I guess, that is a session I do not want to miss. I
have quite some experience with setting up access point and also peer to
peer networks between OS/2 machines. I guess I could also take some
notes for the "Wifi on Thinkpad" document that I send you a couple of
weeks ago...

> I also
> want to demo some new/alternative hardware, including the ethernet ->
> wireless bridge devices, which get around our lack of driver support,
> and cover wireless bridging in general (which is a general networking
> topic).
Yes. I would like to see how easy the bridge device really is. I read
the VOICE article from Daniela and it seems to work quite well.

> What else?? I need to get some feedback from this list to shape my
> presentations, as I don't want to re-hash the same stuff I've done the
> past two years (those presentations are still available for download
> from the Warpstock site, BTW).
>
> Finally, who on this list is seriously considering registering for
> Warpstock this year? This isn't a formal poll or head count, and I'm not
> looking to hold anyone to account; I just want to get a general idea,
> based on the current subscriber count on this list of 160.
I am "seriously considering registering for Warpstock".

Regards,

Robert

--
Robert Henschel

--
OS/2 User Group Dresden
http://warp5.dyndns.org:8080/OS2Dresden
(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)