Archivovaná správa #3658 diskusnej skupiny os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Od: Stan Goodman <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Celá hlavi?ka
Nedekódovaná správa
Odosielate?: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Hlavi?ka: [OS2Wireless] 1)Apology; 2)supported PCMCIA wifi cards
Dátum: Tue, 03 May 2005 03:04:01 +0000 (GMT)
Komu: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

** Reply to message from Julian Thomas <jt@jt-mj.net> on Mon, 02 May 2005
11:31:21 -0400

> In <0IFV0017B1YTQHH0@mxout5.netvision.net.il>, on 05/02/05
>    at 06:44 PM, Stan Goodman <SPAM_FOILER@hashkedim.com> typed:
>
> >This raises the question of whether there is any
> >802.11g-capable card that is supported, even if only in 802.11b mode --
> >the 802.11g mode would still be useful with Linux, which I am preparing
> >to install in the laptop machine. If not, I might resort to simply doing
> >all on-line work in Linux, with say, a Netgear 802.11g wifi card.
>
> Check out the ASUS wl300g - antenna on one side and plugs into your rj45
> on the other.  ZERO installation hassle (although you seem to have a magic
> touch in that department <gg>).  Does 802.11G; configures from your
> browser [may need a firmware update to use something besides IE] and
> powers from the USB port.

How can that be so? If it's external, how can it know what browser you are
using?

This is the gadget over which Daniela enthused so, isn't it?

> AFAIK there are still NO 802.11g devices supported for OS2/eCS.
>
> --
>  Julian Thomas:   jt@jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
>  In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!

I'm sure that is intended to be an attractive description. For me, any mention
of upstate New York makes me shiver uncontrollably. My first year in Troy, at
RPI, temperatures went down to -40F, and the aggregate snowfall was 100inches.
And me a Southern boy. You didn't see the ground from early October to late
April, at which time you were surprised not to see your breath, so you thought
you were dead. Once, driving to a lacrosse game in Syracuse, I ran into a
snowstorm, IN JUNE!!

For anybody taken in by talk about the beauties of Upstate NY, they don't have
any summer at all, only two weeks of bad skiing.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Prihlási?: Nap??a?, Súhrn, Index.
Odhlási?
Mail na ListMastera