From: "Stanley Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] need 'ireless' hub....
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:52:02 -0500 (EST)
To: "os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:35:13 -0500, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>Call Netgear support (I know that you hate hearing that as much as I
>hate saying it). Latest firmware in both devices?

No. Netgear's phone support is fubar they are having routing problems. (Can't connect to their new Indian support
center....). Their EMAIL support is also screwed, two emails not responded too.

Further research finds that the words 'multiple device support' missing from the Netgear's description. The pictured
netgear hub has this statement and the same priced, WGE302 bridge has this phrase with the boast that it can connect to
any hub/switch. The 604 doesn't make this claim. Since the special Netgear hub costs the same as the AP/Bridge, it's a no
go for me.

It's interesting to me, that the 604 is carried in all the major stores, and the 302 isn't, and is a special order. I've
packed it all back up, and I'm off to complain to the CompUSA people. IF they wil swap me for a 302, I'll be happy.

While doing this, I have a general question on Access Control lists. It states that you should use the same AC list for
all AP devices. Why? wouldn't the primary one connected to the router/firewall be the last arbiter of the MACs? If it's
infrastructure mode, do you need many AC lists? (I can see the point of it in Ad-hoc.)

Stan Sidlov
--
http://www.warpstock.org

 Warpstock 2004 wasin Denver, Colorado! October 21-24, what WERE YOU doing that weekend?

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)