From: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: "Will Honea" <whonea@whonea.net>
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Linksys Wireless Router Firmware Replacement
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:47:07 -0700

** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:21:45 -0500

> First, it is entirely possible that your BEFW11S4 is actually suffering
> a hardware failure, and it will likely stop handling wireless traffic
> entirely in the near future. This has been my experience with these
> (they don't brick entirely; typically, the wireless goes first). None of
> the available open (or closed) source third party firmware works with
> this model, so a new router is your best bet.

Pardon the intrusion but this caught my eye.  I've got one of these beasts that
my son fried trying to hook up his dish ISP.  The only part that isn't working
is the single port that connects to the internet - all the other ports and the
wireless works as advertised.  Do you know if dd-wrt will allow me to re-route
that bum port to one of the other ports?

It's a plaything just gathering dust right now but I have a couple of uses for
it if I can get it working.  Of course, buying a cheap Linksys or Netgear
router/AP would probably be more cost effective (last one I bought was $21 at
Fry's) but it is something to keep idle fingers out of trouble...

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>