Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Thomas Garson" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: [OS2Wireless] Stumped by TCP/IP with Prism mini-pci WiFi in Thinkpad A31
Datum: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
Za: "os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I posted this to the OS/2 networking misc usegroup. Please pardon my duplexing. At that time, I was unaware of the
existence of this list.

I thought I could handle this, but I'm stumped.

I just purchased a new Thinkpad A31 at a very reasonable price through IBMs eBay outlet. I'm in the throes of
configuring OS/2 Warp 4.52 on it. I managed to successfully, albeit not without some serious pain, use Partition
Magic 6 to shrink down Win2K and create a partition structure that allowed me to install Warp and boot manager.

Next, I attempted to get WiFi working through OS/2 on the A31:

At home, I have a DLink DI-614+ WiFi router connecting fine to the A31s internal Prism 802.11b mini-pci card when
booting Win2K. I'm only using the wireless and hub functions of the DI-614+. The WAN function of the DI-614+ is
bypassed and all internal servers are disabled. I use a Smoothwall box to VPN to another Smoothwall box at work
and use the Linux server from there to manage ip, DNS and SMB locally, via the VPN. That all works dandy with my
hardwire networked OS/2 workstation. As the network is small, I use static ip. DHCP is disabled.

After obtaining the IBM WiFi driver from software choice, I used MPTS to install the IBM miniPCI PRISM 2.5 Wireless
Card driver with TCP/IP protocol along with Netbios Over TCP/IP protocol, each numbered "0".

I configured tcp/ip (same as with Win2K: static ip=192.168.112.3, default route through 192.168.112.1, which is my
SmoothWall box) on Lan0.

I made the requisite change in ibmlan.ini, setting "net1 = TCPBEUI$....." rather than the default "net1 = NETBEUI$.....".
WEP128 is enabled and Operating Mode is BSS. SSID is enable and named. The encryption keys match.

When I reboot and start the WiFiState utility, it tells me that I am connected at 11Mb/sec. Hooray.

BUT, I can't access the internet. No pings. Nothing.

I have not yet loaded any other networking hardware drivers.

It's really frustrating, because I know its just out of my reach. The network hook is in the A31, I just can't touch it.

What am I missing, besides a bit more hair?

Thomas Garson
Aural Technology, Ashland, Or.
tgarson@auraltek.com

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).