From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: (OT:): JAVA SIP CLIENT
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:09:10 +1100

Andy Willis wrote:
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On 02/28/09 11:50 pm, Ed Durrant thus wrote :
Hi Andy,

 I was going to move this off-list but unfortunately (or in some cases fortunately) the users actual e-mail address is not shown,
:-)

Smiley aside, it's a sad commentary that in order to avoid people getting spammed due to their addresses getting harvested by the bots, I have to obfuscate the posting email addresses.
so apologies to others on the list while I make a quick update as you may know the answer and save me some time in tracking this down.

I think we can put up with a bit more traffic on the list, Ed. :-)  It's been relatively quiet of late, anyway!

I'll leave it to Andy to follow up on the rest of this. As I've said, I get mixed results with 1.5. No TCP connectivity and printing issues. Perhaps it's my  VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT that I'm bumping and the Java heap is too big (or perhaps I haven't tuned the Java heap big enough...).

<snip>

Odd, I definitely am getting TCP as I can connect to IMs.  I downloaded the latest SIP (well, I just downloaded it and now there is yet a newer one) and it works so I no longer suspect the SIP version at this point.  I have been trying to determine why I don't have sound capture (sounds I have).  I downloaded JMF and installed it via Odin and have found that Java 1.4.1 and Java 1.4.2 both:
e:\prgfile\jmf2.1.1e\bin[0]pec jmfinit.exe
DirectSound Capture Supported = false
JavaSound Capture Supported = true
JavaSoundAuto: Committed ok

but Java 1.5 gives false for JavaSound Capture.
Eureka!!!!   I copied the jsound.dll from java142\jre\bin to jre15\bin  (or java15\jre\bin  which is my SDK rather than JRE version)
and now it has sound capture.  SIP should now be possible.
Andy

Great news Andy !

Unfortunately on my set up I have now downloaded the exact same version that you are using and run it's install process and I still get an exception:

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x2126d40e, pid=161, tid=105513
09
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_07-b03 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [+0x8d40e]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid161.log

I have checked the log file unfortunately it doesn't help a great deal.

There must be something that I have different, either in my Java 1.5 configuration or the SIP-Communicator code.

Cheers/2

Ed.