From: Ray Hyder <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] NetGear MA311
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:51:00 -0400
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Hi Jens!

Jens Glathe wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:51:46 -0400, Ray Hyder wrote:

Hi Ray!

Jen, thanks for the updated driver!   But it didn't help... :-(

Ok, then you are a beta tester ;)

That I am, I am...  As long as I don't get appointed to the "master" level I'll be okay!   :-D

Are both machines running OS/2?
Yes, system 1 is running eCS 1.1 and system 2 is running Warp at FP 15.

twice after a wifistat boot  because a get a trap D in  sysio2k during the first  reboot.  Yes, I have triple checked for irq conflicts.  Both

??? Never heard of that. It sounds strange, though - like some hardware not being reinitialized at boot. Has somebody else seen this behaviour?

Doesn't sio2k hook into tcp/ip somehow?  Something to do with "magic" ports to use on the internet...  Memory is dim on the subject. ..  Anyhow I  remmed out the sio2k stuff and put in the old sio stuff.   Now after a wifistat boot I lose the PS/2 mouse port when the system comes up...

the hardware manager and sysinfo report that the MA311 is all alone on irq 10.

What does the BIOS say? Or PCI? Not every driver (or every hardware, for that matter) reports to Ressource Manager.

Jens, you are right, the BIOS reports an onboard Promise IDE controller,  this board has two IDE controllers,  on the same irq.   But  the Promise controller is turned off in the BIOS settings and the BIOS code for it is  NOT loaded.   So the irq that the MA311 is on is shared but with a device  that has no bios or driver installed .  I can move the MA311 around to different PCI slots and different irqs with the same results.  System 1 is a full size tower with lots of stuff  in it...  It's hard to find a way to provide a dedicated irq, but I wouldn't think that sharing irq 10 with a disabled device should be a problem...
Can you send me a LANTRAN.LOG after the link got lost? The driver can create debug messages if you have the IBMPRISM.MSG file in \IBMCOM and if you set DEBUG_LEVEL=0xFFDF in PROTOCOL.INI

Jens, the DEBUG_LEVEL is set to FFDF in the MPTS setup.  Is that the same?  If not I will get into PROTOCOL.INI and set it there.  The LANTRAN.LOG doesn't change after the disconnect.  I've attached it to this message.   The message about LANDD.OS2 at the bottom of the log is  something I don't understand...

Jens, thanks for your help!  - ray

--

Ray Hyder
PO Box 448

LT00073: FFST/2 is installed but is not started.  LANTRAN.LOG is being created.
IBM OS/2 LANMSGDD [08/01/02] 6.00 is loaded and operational.
IBM OS/2 NETBEUI 6.00.0
NETBEUI: Using a 32-bit data segment.
Installing NETWKSTA.200 Version 6.0. IBM LAN Redirector ( May 21, 2002)

IBM OS/2 NETBIOS 4.0
Adapter 0 has 153 NCBs, 96 sessions, and 6 names available to NETBIOS applications.
NETBIOS 4.0 is loaded and operational.
IBMPRISM_NIF: APM registered.
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_MAX_DATA_LEN= 1514
IBMPRISM_NIF: CNF_PORT_TYPE= 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: CREATE_IBSS= 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CNF_OWN_CHANNEL= 3
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_WDS_ADDR= 0 0 0 0 0 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_RTS_THRH= 2347
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_FRAGMENTATION_THRH= 2346
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_SYSTEM_SCALE= 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_DESIRED_SSID= HYDER
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_OWN_SSID= non-specified SSID !!
IBMPRISM_NIF: CNF_OWN_MAC_ADDR= 0 9 5B 67 83 E6
IBMPRISM_NIF: CNF_OWN_NAME= HYDER2
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_PM_ENABLED= 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_MCAST_RX= 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_MCAST_PM_BUF= 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_PM_EPS= 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_MAX_SLEEP_DURATION= 64
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_ENCRYPTION= 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_TX_KEY_ID= 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_AUTHENTICATION= 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: PROMISCUOUS_MODE= 0
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_TX_RATE_CONTROL= F
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_BASIC_RATES= F
IBMPRISM_NIF: CFG_CNF_SUPPORTED_RATES= F
IBMPRISM_NIF is loaded and operational.
IBM LANVDD is loaded and operational.
IBM OS/2 LAN Netbind
IBMPRISM_NIF: OpenAdapter called.
CFG_LINK_STAT: Station connected.
IBMPRISM_NIF: SetPacketFilter called. Param1=3
IBMPRISM_NIF: SetPacketFilter rc=0
IBMPRISM_NIF: AddMulticastAddress called. Param2= 1 0 5E 0 0 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: getinfo: 4 words returned.
MulticastAddress = 1 0 5E 0 0 1
CFG_LINK_STAT: Station disconnected.
IBMPRISM_NIF: AddMulticastAddress rc=0
CFG_LINK_STAT: Station connected.
IBMPRISM_NIF: SetLookAhead called. Param1=256
IBMPRISM_NIF: AddMulticastAddress called. Param2= 3 0 0 0 0 1
IBMPRISM_NIF: getinfo: 7 words returned.
MulticastAddress = 1 0 5E 0 0 1
MulticastAddress = 3 0 0 0 0 1
CFG_LINK_STAT: Station disconnected.
IBMPRISM_NIF: AddMulticastAddress rc=0
IBMPRISM_NIF: SetPacketFilter called. Param1=3
IBMPRISM_NIF: SetPacketFilter rc=0
Adapter 0 is using node address 00095B6783E6.  The Token-Ring format is 0090DAE6C167.
LT00312:  The OS/2 802.2 device driver, LANDD.OS2, is not available. DOS 802.2 support is ended for all VDMs.
CFG_LINK_STAT: Station connected.