Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: OT: With truly humble appreciation (was: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: OT: Location of eCS Technical list (was: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: (OT:): JAVA SIP CLIENT))
Datum: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:28:05 -0500
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On 03/02/09 02:33 pm, Will Honea thus wrote :
** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:09:44 -0500

Thanks for the compliment, too. As I say, I'm happy to host another list, but there are 371 members on the Yahoo list, and traffic runs about 50 messages per week (currently). Of course, there have been times where we're run 50 messages per day on this list. :-)

With maybe one or two on topic, at that <g>.

LOL!!
Lew, I appreciate your kindness in hosting this discussion here.  I have a
Yahoo mailbox and participate in several Yahoo discussion groups.  Yahoo email
makes for a convenient spam bucket and I have all the discussion groups
forwarded to my home email - I can't recall he last time I actually used a
browser to access Yahoo Groups - so ads and such are really a self-inflected
injury.  That said, I still watch this group just for the wide range of
experience available.  Thanks again for maintaining it.

Wow, I don't know what to say... I guess "you're very welcome" would be a start. Really, the effort I put into maintaining this list, the OS/2 NetWare users list, and the ThinkPad T60/T61 list is more than offset by the information *I* glean from the conversations.

I agree that Yahoo can be a PITA with the ads, but hey, they're in business to make money, too, and as they don't charge for the list hosting, they've got to make it up somewhere, I guess. In my case, the server is running the software already, and *I* need a broadband connection, so there's no additional cost to me to host the list. And of course, when things go smoothly, it's a breeze! :-)

Seriously again, Will, thanks so much for your kind words.

(That subject is going to have to trim down on one of these responses...it's getting even longer than this original thread...)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation            www.warpstock.org