Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Jeffrey Race" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Help connecting Wireless Router to hotel wifi
Datum: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:51:52 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I wish to use it in hotel rooms where there is wifi service so I can connect both my PC
and another device to the hotel's wifi service.

The procedure if one uses only the PC is to connect to the hotel's wireless Access Point,
then accept a contract of service i.e. click through a hotel logon page.  At this point the
PC can use wifi.

I am having difficulty setting this up using Plantex  GW-AP54SP-P Wireless LAN
Converter

1-I connect using my PC's wifi card and go through the hotel's logon screen.  At this
   point the PC has service

2-Then I remove the PC's wifi card, insert my Ethernet card, which I connect to LAN1
   on the GW-AP54SP-P.   I get an IP address from the GW-AP54SP-P e.g.
   192.168.1.111.   But I cannot access the hotel's wifi service.

3-I tried to use the clone function e.g. to use the PC's wifi card MAC address but
   the result is the same.  See following.  The GW-AP54SP-P connects to
   the hotel's Access Point but as you see it does not seem to get an IP address.

System Data

System
Uptime: 0day:0h:8m:24s
Firmware Version: v5.2.3.4.1eu

Wireless
Mode: Infrastructure Client
Band: 2.4 GHz (B+G)
SSID: stayonline
Channel Number: 1
Encryption: Disabled
State: Connected
BSSID: 00:0f:f8:58:29:af

LAN Configuration
Connection Method: Fixed IP
Physical Address: 00:07:0e:b9:ab:5c
IP Address: 192.168.1.100
Network Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.100
DHCP Server: ON
DHCP Start IP Address: 192.168.1.110
DHCP Finish IP Address: 192.168.1.200

Internet Configuration
Connection Method: Getting IP from DHCP server...
Physical Address: 00:07:0e:b9:ab:5c
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Network Mask: 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0

How can I fix this problem or even better, perform the logon from my PC using the Planex
Wireless device in one step?    It may be the difficulty arises from the switch from PC to
the Wireless Converter

ISSUE TWO
I discovered that I cannot reconnect to the hotel's wifi network with my PC after
trying the Planex device (which connects as shown above).   The Access Connections s/w
says that the DHCP server refused to issue an IP address.  I have to reboot the PC.
Why is this so and what is the workaround?

Tks for all help on this
Jeffrey Race