Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Ray Davison" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Linksys WRT150N
Datum: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:39:51 -0700
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

This is all on my new laptop.

This is my third Linksys router.  The first two came with the info to access them from a browser.  This one did not.  It came with a statement that it required XP or Vista and that I must run the CD.

XP created an object for it which opened to a login screen that at that point I was not able to get past.

So I let it install the setup app, which would not let me set up the router because there was no network connection.  But I got far enough in to get the default password; admin.  Went back to the object, and got access to setup.  It is just the next generation of the setup in WRT54G; very little difference.

Booted eCS RC6.  Entered 192.168.1.1 in the browser.  Login opened, left user name blank, password admin, I'm in.

So at this point it seems as friendly as it's predecessors.

WLAN under OS/2 will have to wait until someone finds me an Intel 5100 driver.

But I will do some speed comparison with the WRT54G under XP.  Any suggestions for a benchmark?

Ray