From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: ftp network
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 06:28:03 +1000

os24u wrote:

Although the device you are connected to is a router, what you are  actually using is the built in n-way switch. I presume the subnet
mask  in use is 255.255.255.0 ? If so all three addresses are on the same  network subnet and you don't need to set any routes on
the systems, the  two PCs should "see" each other. Perhaps if you are executing a route  command this is causing the problem ?

 This is my network start file.  Internet out is fine.  Ftp is fine as long as server is running.  Stop server and restart later, error message
from client:  can not find the ip address.  Since I always had to reboot when trying ftpserver again, tried resetting the routes by:

route flush and then run setup.cmd.  Am not familiar with networks and tcpip to know if this is normal but one would think not.   Should
not be the router either as you say it is just a switch. **setup.cmd**
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
ifconfig lan0 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0 metric 1 mtu 1492
route add default 192.168.1.1
route add -net 192.168.0.1 192.168.1.1 -netmask 255.255.255.0 -hopcount 1
ipgate off

 Also find file below on boot but appears to be for peer network which is not installed.  tcpcoex.log
Log file for TCPCOEX.EXE ..... run time: Fri Apr 10 08:24:44 2009

FINDOURDIRS: nfsctl.exe not found!
TCPDIR(s):D:\TCPIP
END TCPCOEX.EXE

 Main question on this is:  is it normal to have to run setup.cmd to re-establish the route through router?

        Cal

The setup.cmd file looks fine.

I have no idea what TCPCOEX is and whether it may be causing the problems - it appears to be trying to start NFS (which is not peer networking, rather a Unix style network drive mounting capability) - it is reporting an error, I would try to stop this from trying to run.

The other file that may be relevant is tcpstart.cmd - can you post that here please ?

Cheers/2

Ed.