From: "David W. Butkovich" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: RE: [OS2Wireless] Cell phone as dial-up modem
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:17:24 -0400

I have the data plan for my Palm 680 with Cingular and use it when on the road for email and occasional surfing.  I have used it as a modem in Win by connecting with Blutooth but have found it to be annoying to connect.  I think there is a way to connect by using the cable also but have never been able to figure it out.

What I have done is purchase a Sierra Wireless Aircard 881 and pull the SIM chip from the phone and insert into the Aircard.  Works like a charm with the exception of not being able to make or take phone calls at the time.  The Aircard was available on eBay for US $40.00 +/- IIRC.

Hope this helps, YMMV

David