os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #489

Da: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: ThinkPad T43 with Cisco 350 - need help with wireless setup
Data: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:31:38 -0400
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I am spending time on the beach where there is wireless access.  At home
I use Broadcom router and all works well.  One time at home I set up
Cisco Aironet 350 series Wireless Lan Adapter with a Linksys wireless
router to test it, more than likely with lots of help from this group.
IIRC, the Cisco 350 had both Status and Activity indicators blinking.  I
have a "wireless" message folder with 4000+ messages, but I have no idea
how to find the messages that help me.  Now, I am logged in wireless-ly,
but but I don't know how, Cisco 350 did not blink once.  Could it be a
built in wireless adapter?  Connection is very slow, could be because
the camper's metal shell.   I must have all the files downloaded that I
need to use the Cisco wireless adapter, but I have no idea what they
are.  Is there a location or file I can use to help me with the setup?
Whatever I have now is very slow.

Here is what I have in the Adapter and Protocol Configuration:   Genmac
Wrapper Broadcom Gigabit  [14E4:167D]....
Genmac Wrapper Intel 2915 a/b/g [8086:4224]....

I only need this for a week now, but I will return to this camp ground
few time a year.  I would hate to waite for Lewis Rosenthal next
wireless presentation in Albuquerque.

Zoltan

--
Zoltan Bokeny
bokeny at earthlink dot net

I will not shop at "Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. of China"!